Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Hunger Like No Other

A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole

I read this book on February 11th 2012.
Of course I give it 5/5 stars


And so the monster had been created, the monster being me :)
I stumbled upon this book, not quite sure how but I saw it on Amazon, saw the cover and groaned. "Seriously, another vampire book?" was all I could say. I typically don't read reviews, but I made a little exception because I really wanted to know what kind of book it truly was. After a couple read reviews, I thought why the heck not, I have nothing better to do, it's cold in Germany, let's read this book.....
And here is what I have to say....


I absolutely LOVED it!!!! (since it's been now 3 years that I've read it for the first time, I think I've re-read it 4 or 5 times)
This story was so raw and wild and crazy and ohmygod HOT!!!
Poor tortured Lachlain MacRieve had been chained below the earth in Paris, in a fiery pit for hundreds of years, until the day he sensed his mate. He risked everything to be with her.
The fates must have had a ball the day they decided who is perfect mate would be.
Not only did wee little Emma not come as the buxom scottish lass noooo she had to be half vampire/valkyrie. Lachlain is the Lykae king of his clan and the vampires are his arch enemies. It had been the horde King who chained him up in the fire. How oh how will this work out.
Of course he is attracted to her, no questions asked, yet, he's also disgusted with her.
And poor virgin Emma, has to depend on this vile man to return her to Louisiana, after she helps him in this modern day world....

Needless to say, this is all you are getting out of me, frankly I've already said too much.
This book had been the beginning with my obsession towards Kresely Cole's books. The good thing was when I discovered and read the first book, I could read for days on, because they were "old" but new to me. So I got to enjoy all her older books as well, like The Sutherland brothers and The MacCarrick brothers, boy oh boy. I still have to review all of them, I've been putting it off for awhile because I thought my fellow indie's reviews take precedence. I know this will take me quite a awhile, so bear with me and if you haven't already, and you love paranormal romance, READ THIS BOOK!

XoXo
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment